Saturday 11 April 2015

Game of Thrones Dragon Scale Nail Art


Hey guys! There's only TWO MORE DAYS until Game of Thrones returns and I thought I'd mark the occasion with these GoT inspired nails. I am Team Dany all the way so of course I went with a dragon scale design. I am holding this cool little dragon egg in the pic that I made myself out of nail polish and thumbtacks - if you guys would like to know more about making those then let me know and maybe I'll do a DIY post. As always, read on for my tutorial to see how to get these nails for yourself :)

What I Used:

- OPI Ridge Filler Base Coat
- OPI Just Spotted The Lizard
- OPI Black Onyx
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
- Striping Brush #2 from bornprettystore
- Nail polish remover and cleanup brush

1. Apply a base coat to protect your natural nails from stains and provide a smooth base for polish.

2. Apply two coats of a shimmery polish and allow to dry.

3. Take a thin striping brush and a black polish and paint a small triangle at the bottom of your nail, in the centre right against your cuticle (just the two sides of a triangle, not the horizontal bottom line - more of a 'V' shape). Make the sides of your triangle curve slightly inwards for a sharper look. 

4. Paint another triangle on either side of your first triangle but starting slightly lower down and extending slightly further past the tip of your first triangle. 

5. Add another triangle between these two and above the first one and you should have started an overlapping pattern. 

6. Continue the scale pattern down your nail to the tips, trying to keep all the scales roughly even in size and spacing. 

7. Allow to dry before applying a top coat to avoid smudging. Clean up around your nails with polish remover and a cottonbud or brush.

I guess I'll just have to make do with admiring my nails for now for my GoT fix; I can't wait til Monday! Thanks for reading, and I'll see you next time!

Lisa xx   

No comments:

Post a Comment